Cosmo J. Tedone was born on December 13, 1966 in Manchester, Connecticut. Prior to forming the law firm, Tedone & Morton, P.C., he was the senior associate with Chuck Bretz and Associates, P.C. for eight years along with experience as an Assistant Will County Public Defender and private practice in the area of insurance defense and general civil litigation. He was involved with several appeals that resulted in three murder convictions being overturned in 2011.
With over 20 years of experience, Mr. Tedone’s current practice emphasizes in criminal defense (DUI, Suspended Driver Licenses, Drugs, Domestic Battery, Homicide and Appeals), personal injury, and Secretary of State Hearings, representing a wide variety of clientele. He represents clients in litigation matters before Federal and State Courts, arbitration and administrative agencies. Cosmo has many years of experience as a litigator trying over fifty jury trials and hundreds of bench trials and motions.
Mr. Tedone graduated from the Rochester Institute of Technology (B.A. 1990) and Thomas Cooley School of Law (J.D. 1999-Cum Laude). He received several awards and accomplishments while in law school including a Certificate of Merit in Torts and Family Law, finalist in the school’s moot court competition and member of law review.
He is admitted and qualified to practice in the States of Connecticut and Illinois and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar. Mr. Tedone is a member of the Will County Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association and former member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. (Cum Laude)
- Rochester Institute of Technology , Rochester, New York
- B.A. – 1990
Honors & Awards
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Nation’s Top One Percent, 2021-Present
- Best of the Best, Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorney, 2019
- American Institute of Trial Lawyers, 2019 Litigator of The Year, 2019
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2019
- American Jurist institute, Top 10 Attorneys, 2018
- America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2017
- 10 Best in Illinois For Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 2015-2017
- Superior DUI Attorney, National Advocacy for DUI Defense (NAFDD), 2012-2016
- Certificate of Merit in Torts and Family Law
- Avvo, Top Attorney
- Avvo, Clients’ Choice, 2015
- Thomas M. Cooley Moot Court Competition, Finalist
- Law Review, Member
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys, Member
- Will County Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers, Former Member